TeleMed2U is a forward-thinking multi-specialty brand with a mission of bringing specialty care to everyone including individuals, providers, and organizations. Our people are our biggest asset who lead the way in making Specialty care more accessible and affordable every day for Americans nationwide. We are an ambitious brand, growing fast to become a household name for Specialty care across the US and constantly need talented people to make it happen. If you are passionate about digital health, helping patients, and want to make a difference in healthcare, then consider TeleMed2U as the next chapter in your career.
Currently at TeleMed2U, we have a unique opportunity for the right leader to play a huge role in the growth of our multi-specialty virtual care company. Here, each employee has the chance to make a real difference by carrying out our mission every day. Join our elite team of healthcare professionals, providing the Right Care, at the Right Time, in the Right Place.
Job Description: As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of telemedicine visits. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication. The target is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner. Performs other related duties as assigned.
TM2U is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Accurate entry of patient demographic/medical data into medical EMR
- Enters patient appointments in EMR
- Manages patient health information in EMR
- Collects patient and/or clinic diagnostic results from various sources, as needed
- Verifies patient eligibility
- Process prior authorizations for additional specialty visits and prescribed medications
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide various clerical and administrative support services including high volume phones
- Maintains accurate patient records.
- Maintains patient, employee and clinic confidentiality.
- Previous experience utilizing an EMR/EHR, drChrono a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) a PLUS!
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications
- MS Office experience required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to perform standard clinical processes according to established protocols, within the Medical Assistant scope of work
- 2+ years of experience in front/back medical office setting environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations
- Telemedicine experience a plus