Chief Operating Officer
TeleMed2Uis a leading multi-specialty telemedicine practice with an expansive network of board-certified specialist providers whose expertise spans twenty-three medical specialties and sub-specialty fields. At its core, TeleMed2U is an innovative technology enabled services company. TeleMed2U has developed a cutting-edge portfolio of telemedicine technologies and solutions that will revolutionize care delivery and drive better patient outcomes across in-patient and out-patient settings. Through the use of technology, our company has been built to serve the increasing demand for specialty care stemming from evolving needs amongst primary care providers, health plans and patients directly.
The ChiefOperating Officer (COO) at TeleMed2U is a pivotal executive leadership roleresponsible for overseeing and optimizing the operational functions. Reportingdirectly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO will play a criticalrole in shaping the strategic direction of the company, ensuring seamlessoperations, and contributing to our mission of redefining healthcareaccessibility. The COO is responsible for the administrative and non-clinical operationsof TeleMed2U under the direction of the CEO, including the development andachievement of fiscal and operational objectives, direction and implementationof new service lines or growth initiatives, and continuous quality assessmentmonitoring in conjunction with the functional division heads.
• Acts as a strategic and operations focused leader that works closely with the team to achieve Operational Excellence in all areas of the business to achieve revenue and profit targets.
• Works in strong partnership with Chief Medical Officer on organizational and strategic priorities and regularly meets and collaborates with CEO and other organizational leaders.
• Foster collaboration and communication across all functional areas to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity with a focus on reducing costs, increasing profits, and improving internal control measures that enhance the Company's overall efficiency and optimize performance.
• Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Directs and assumes responsibility for the systematic and timely referral of patients requiring specialty consultation and follow-up. Manages the development, implementation, and enhancement of referral systems, strategies, and technologies.
• Ensures patient timely access to TeleMed2U’s Specialty Care Services. Monitors, promotes, and directs quality and productivity improvements as it relates to all services.
• Provides oversight and direction to maximize provider utilization and maintain sufficient capacity across all specialties to meet client needs and direct-to-consumer demand.
• Assures compliance with the operational component of contractual obligations; establishes monitoring systems for such obligations.
• Engages, develops, and leads a high-performance management team across multiple locations and over various functions.
• Directs and assumes responsibility for health information management. Works closely with the Director of Product Development in developing, implementing, and enhancing health information systems, strategies, and technologies.
• Work autonomously while ensuring CEO expectations are readily met and exceeded.
• Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
• Collaborates with Sales to negotiate contract language and rates when appropriate, seeking legal counsel as warranted and with CEO approval.
• Represents the Company with clients, investors, and business partners.
• Stay abreast of telehealth regulations, healthcare compliance, and industry standards.
• Lead initiatives to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
• Collaborate with the CEO to develop and manage budgets, financial forecasts, resource allocation, and performance metrics to drive accountability and transparency.
· Corporate management
· Financial planning and strategy
· Strategic planning and vision
· Promotion and implementation of process improvement
· Marketing and business development
· Budget development
Education/ Experience Required
· Minimum 7 years of Healthcare Operations or related experience (required)
· 10+ years of senior leadership experience (preferred)
· Bachelor’s Degree (required),Master’s Degree (preferred)
· Project Management Professional Certification (preferred)
· Lean Six Sigma/Six Sigma Certification (desired)
· Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (desired)
Note: Licenses/certifications must be kept current and in good standing
TeleMed2U is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and free of discrimination. As an EEO employer, TeleMed2U does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. We strive to create a diverse and welcoming environment for all employees, where each person is recognized and valued for their unique contributions. All employment decisions are based on merit, business needs, and individual qualifications.