Director, User Acquisition
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
This remote-flexible role can only be performed within the US in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas. We regret that we’re unable to consider candidates located outside of this location list for this opportunity due to our business registration status.
🟢 The Company
Springboard is redefining professional education through immersive, online courses in cutting-edge fields like data, design, and software engineering. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources with an emphasis on project-based learning, industry-relevant curriculum, and tangible outcomes. Spanning direct-to-consumer, University Partnerships, and Springboard for Business, we're ultimately human-centric: each student has 1:1 support from industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, with access to our peer and alumni communities.
What we help students build goes well beyond just skills – we help our students build momentum. Momentum is powerful: it propels us forward, unlocks opportunity, and provides access. It helps us turn fear into confidence, difficulty into certainty, and progress into reality. It helps us lead better lives. Momentum is what our human-guided career advancement platform can create at scale. This is our purpose.
🟢 The Opportunity
We are looking for a hands-on and strategic leader who is obsessed with driving traffic and optimizing for conversion. As Springboard’s Senior Director of User Acquisition, you’ll own a sizable budget across marketing tactics for our consumer businesses and manage a strong digital marketing team inspiring them to solve complex problems and strive for outsized results. You’ll work cross-functionally with teams in Sales, Creative, Content, Product, and Technology and have the opportunity to bring innovative growth initiatives to life through analysis, experimentation, and new technologies and tools.
- Develop, guide, and lead strategies for sustained new customer acquisition across all paid marketing/media channels, including SEM, paid social, partnerships, influencers, and affiliates.
- Think strategically about the customer journey across all channels; make investment trade-off decisions across the funnel, prioritizing awareness through conversion as appropriate.
- Create annual and monthly media marketing budgets rooted in performance objectives and LTV to achieve acquisition cost goals. Continually evaluate and optimize spend.
- Serve as the key decision maker for media spend strategy and mix; partner with Finance on the overall budget and recommended allocations needed to hit new customer and ROAS goals.
- Develop test and learn strategies to optimize existing channels to achieve stronger performance for media efficiency and effectiveness for acquisition.
- Identify new opportunities to drive the business forward - i.e., new markets, emerging digital platforms, potential media partnerships, or uncovering general business efficiencies that increase revenue and profitability.
- Oversee the refinement of media mix and marketing attribution models to optimize resource allocation and drive growth.
- Lead a team of growth marketers and build out high-velocity growth marketing functions by being hands-on with execution while coaching the team to optimize and maximize efficiency with clearly defined program objectives, tactics, and KPIs.
- Partner across marketing functions (marketing operations, product marketing, CRO, brand, creative, content, SEO) to drive outstanding user experiences and improve our marketing reach and efficiency.
- Work x-functionally, with a focus on Sales collaboration to identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization's ability to meet its goals.
- 10+ years of marketing experience developing and driving successful acquisition programs for highly considered consumer purchases, including at least five years leading a high-performing user acquisition team
- Understanding of optimization algorithms, bid types, targeting, and buying strategies across existing and emerging marketing platforms
- Analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with rigorous data tools and data-driven decision making
- A passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, a relentless focus on the customer.
- Budget and forecasting management experience, including creating "what if” scenarios
- Ability to generate and quickly execute actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analysis of data
- A player-coach, experienced in mentoring and training a team
- A fearless experimenter who has a proven track record of systematically making smart bets that enable us to learn and fuel growth
- Previous edtech experience is a bonus
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $167,000 - $182,000 USD annually (includes base salary + a variable component) for candidates outside the San Francisco Bay Area. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related considerations.
- Equity: Ownership is one of our values and each full-time employee has the opportunity to invest in Springboard via a stock option (equity) grant after they vest.
- Equipment: We’ll provide a company MacBook and one-time $500 employee effectiveness stipend to set up your home office..
- Time off: We offer flexible, unlimited PTO, 10 paid holidays, and company-wide Wellness Days.
- Remote work flexibility: as part of our hybrid approach to work, we offer the option to travel and work around the world for up to 90 days per year. We also host (remote-enabled) global company gatherings, department offsites, and/or visits to our San Francisco HQ.
- Health + Wellness: Choose from a range of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans (premiums start at $0/month) and access 12 company-sponsored therapy and coaching sessions annually via Modern Health.
- Parental Benefits: Adding to your family? So exciting! We offer all new parents 12 weeks’ paid bonding leave, plus up to 6 additional weeks for birth parents (additional state benefits may apply).
The Springboard team of 250 embraces a hybrid approach to work, with headquarters in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Apply anyway: at Springboard, we believe in the value of transferable skills and non-traditional experience. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.