Student Success Associate (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Please note: Springboard is only able to consider candidates located in the following US states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas.
Springboard is redefining professional education for the 21st century through courses in cutting-edge fields like data science and design. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources. What’s more, we offer high-touch, human support throughout the student lifecycle: industry-expert mentors, career coaches, as well as dedicated student success managers. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives.
We’re seeking an empathetic, problem-solving, “people person” to serve as a Student Success Associate. You’ll be responsible for making sure students have an excellent onboarding, are engaged with and understand our learning experience, and stay motivated all the way through to graduation. In everything you do, you’ll directly fulfill our educational mission and serve as a vital advocate for students, acting as their voice and championing product and process improvements to better serve them within our org.
Salary range: $47,000-$52,000 USD annually. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
- Maintain a high level of student engagement and own success metrics like Activation, Retention, and Satisfaction.
- Guide students through each stage of their Springboard experience, with a key focus on encouraging good habits that will help students graduate successfully.
- Quickly address student questions, concerns, feedback, and more via email/phone/video calls.
- Develop strong working knowledge of Springboard’s student experience and best practices, acting as a trusted advisor for your students.
Your typical day may include:
- Helping students define and develop realistic and meaningful educational/career plans.
- Matching new students with mentors, based on your understanding of their needs.
- Collaborating with our Mentor Team to ensure mentors are aware of students’ progress or concerns.
- Proactively encouraging students who need help staying motivated.
- Acting as the voice of students internally (to product, marketing, course development etc.) by collecting and sharing student feedback, ideas and stories.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing roles (i.e. Customer Success, Account Management) or in academic counseling
- Are passionate about making our students personally and professionally successful and enjoy coaching others on motivation, goal setting etc.
- Are resourceful and like to figure stuff out on your own.
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written); you articulate clearly and with empathy.
- Love learning — especially about new industries/technologies — and want to work on a team that will invest in your personal/professional development.
- (Bonus points if you) are analytical and comfortable digging through information (feedback, interviews, data) to solve problems and make decisions.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
See more open positions at Springboard
Something looks off?