Firmware Engineer - Sacramento/Granite Bay, CA
Sacramento, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
NOT A REMOTE POSITION MUST BE LOCATED IN OR NEAR SACRAMENTO/GRANITE BAY, CA. Reviver is the very first technology company to develop a digital license plate. We use groundbreaking technology to digitize license plates and make them multi-functional. We have introduced our concept on a global scale and are on an exciting trajectory. Reviver offers opportunities to work in a collaborative environment that rewards creative thinking and provides opportunities for advancement. As the first of our kind, we are truly in a class of our own. We offer competitive pay and great benefits for our employees. Reviver is looking for a talented Sr. IoT Firmware Development Engineer with extensive ARM controller embedded systems experience to help build our next-generation product. Reviver is a well-funded startup with a team of highly motivated and seasoned veterans looking to revolutionize the 125-year-old metal plate system and bring it into the 21st century by transforming it into an innovative, multi-functional digital display and offering a major aesthetic and design upgrade for the only part of the vehicle that has remained unchanged since the automobile debuted. This smart device is an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that offers unlimited opportunities for applications, including DMV registration automation, hyper-local messaging, telematics, and vehicle management. Responsibilities And Duties
- Develop drivers and firmware for components on the hardware design.
- Understand system architecture and customize the code for the product.
- Work with external vendors on hardware/firmware integration.
- Work with internal software engineers to create end-to-end ecosystem solutions.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 3+ years of working experience on embedded processors.
- Minimum 3+ years of ARM microcontroller experience (Freescale, Atmel, ST…etc.)
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on coding of RTOS experience (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.)
- Must understand multi-threaded embedded system concepts, including tasks, priorities, deadlocks…etc.
- Must have written driver/app code for basic embedded interface technologies: DMA/UART/SPI/I2C/GPIO/ADC…etc.
- Must have experience with a wide variety of embedded peripherals: Accelerometer, Gyro, SPI flash, eMMC, temperature sensors, PWM, RTC…etc.
- Experience with interface to Bluetooth, Wifi, LTE, and GPS a plus.
- Experience with makefiles and build systems.
- Experience with GIT.