Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
At GRIN, our Finance team is on a trajectory of growth, and we are excited to welcome a Senior Accountant to fortify our Accounting team. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, this role offers a unique opportunity to drive process evolution, foster cross-functional collaborations, and serve as a pivotal force in scaling our operations.
As the Senior Accountant, you will take charge of critical functional accounting domains, playing a fundamental role in our month-end closing procedures. The Senior Accountant will own various functional accounting areas such as month-end close, financial reporting, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations and supporting other functions within the accounting department.
What You'll Do:
- Perform the month-end duties and deliverables according to the close checklist and calendar within Floqast ensuring all reconciliations are complete.
- Perform daily accounting functions, such as recording, reconciling, and analyzing accounting transactions.
- Manage Tipalti for vendor compliance and accurate coding in the procure-to-pay process and create and maintain vendor contract databases ensuring proper documentation for renewals and ownership.
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules.
- Review and create reclassification entries for the proper coding of transactions to GL accounts.
- Manage accounting policies and procedures by staying informed on new and relevant accounting standards and their application to our business.
- Collaborate with FP&A and other cross-functional departments to ensure completeness of accruals and perform monthly flux analysis.
- Assist with and/or complete ad hoc projects as requested. Research and document issues, special projects, Audit requests, etc.
- Assist in the development, rollout and continuous improvement of procedures, process, accounting memos and internal control documentation.
- Support tax/compliance filings, ensuring compliance for 1099s, 1042s, and W8s.
- Document and uphold corporate accounting policies.
- Proactively identify issues, optimizing accounting systems and automation processes.
- Proactively identify and optimize accounting systems and processes.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA designation or CPA candidate is a plus
- 2 years Audit Experience and ideally Industry (SaaS) experience, preferably in the tech industry working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a dynamic, fast growing SaaS/FinTech company preferred
- Demonstrated strong project management with the ability to offer and execute practical and scalable solutions
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, Floqast or other comparable ERP systems is a plus
- Ability to leverage technology (Excel, Google Sheets) effectively and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and data integrity; excellent reconciliation skills
- Ability to think independently, maintain tight deadlines, and solve problems proactively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to work with the cross functional team
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity