Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Alaska and Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
GRIN is looking for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for training, coaching, and motivating a team of high-performing Sales Representatives/Account Executives, as well as hiring future Sales Reps. You will be a frontline manager focused on building a sales pipeline and achieving team quotas. You will partner closely with Sales Leadership, Business Development, and Marketing to collaborate and develop our sales strategy while driving key initiatives to achieve sales objectives.
The ideal candidate loves solving challenges, motivating their team, and is constantly looking for ways to improve the sales process and win rates.
- Hiring, onboarding, and developing a team of Account Executives
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business acquisition growth and operational excellence
- Lead through GRIN culture and values—be a culture carrier
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Regularly report on team/individual results
- Articulate the business value of GRIN, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the GRIN platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of software sales experience as a Sales Rep or Account Executive
- 4+ years of sales leadership experience in B2B SaaS Sales
- Consistent track record of overachieving quotas and targets
- Strong experience using Salesforce.com, Outreach.io and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and people management skills
- A passion for coaching and developing world-class talent
- Expertise in understanding of the sales process and dynamics
Competencies and Traits: the ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong work ethic, is an effective communicator and has a desire to coach the team in sales best practices.
In addition, you will be:
- Naturally outgoing
- Coachable - welcomes feedback and a strong desire to improve
- Agile - you thrive in a dynamic environment and possess improvisational skills
- Excellent at time management and organization
- Outstanding in written and oral communication
- Persuasive while presenting GRIN’s value and aligning it to the customers top challenges
This role has a commission structure equal to the base salary, commonly referred to as a 50/50 split.
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus company match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity