Manager, Data Analytics
Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
[[POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CANADA AND LIVING IN CANADA, EXCEPT QUEBEC PROVINCE]]
GRIN is looking for a highly motivated, driven, and organized leader to implement best in class data and analytics. As the Manager, Data Analytics you will evaluate, recommend, and implement data warehouse and reporting tools. You don’t mind rolling your sleeves up and building the ETL process yourself but you can also partner with leaders across the organization to provide valuable insights and recommendations from data. You should have a proven track record of implementing and managing data and analytics, ideally at a fast growing SaaS company. If you get excited about finding insights from broad data sets and driving growth across an organization then this is the job for you!
What You'll Do:
- Identify and establish data feeds across go to market, product, and financial systems
- Evaluate and implement data warehouse and visualization/reporting tools
- Ensure and improve data integrity, accuracy and quality
- Apply data and analytical techniques to find actionable insights
- Provide business intelligence that drives company strategy and initiatives
- Identify new data sources to enhance analytics
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Finance, RevOps, and other departments to provide informed, data-backed insights that drive revenue and improve customer experience
- Partner with executives to prioritize initiatives and ensure execution
- Recruit, retain, motivate and mentor a highly effective team
- Present frequently to leadership team on key findings and make recommendations
- Maintain knowledge on the latest technology and industry best practices
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years experience in data & analytics, analytics, data engineering, or data science
- 3+ years of team management experience
- Expert at data manipulation (e.g., SQL (required), R, Python), data visualization, and data environments/warehousing technologies (knowledge of DBT considered an asset)
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands
- Ability to present complicated methodologies and results to a non-technical audience
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Must demonstrate the ability to interpret business data and translate into insightful recommendations
- Presentation skills and strong executive presence
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity
Something looks off?