Technical Support Team Leader (Job ID: 2278)
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Who We Are
ConverseNow is the leading voice AI platform for restaurants. Our virtual ordering assistants automate drive-thru and phone orders for a growing list of the world’s leading restaurant brands. With cutting-edge technology and a passion for service, we sit at the intersection of tech, B2B SaaS and hospitality. Named to the Forbes AI 50 List, Built In’s Startups to Watch List and recognized by TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Business Insider and Nation’s Restaurant News among others, we’re proud to have created a truly best-in-class technology that’s leading the AI and restaurant worlds forward.
Backed by blue chip investors such as CRAFT Ventures (Tesla, Uber, Airbnb, Postmates, Slack) and Enlightened Hospitality Investments (led by Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer), we’ve raised ~$35M in funding with our sights set on continued exponential growth.
We owe our growth to the remarkable culture we’ve built at ConverseNow. Driven by team-selected core values of Ambition, Passion, Inclusiveness, Guest-Centricity and Low-Ego (our personal favorite), we boast a fun, collaborative work environment where team members are constantly learning from and supporting one another, voices are heard, and everyone has a seat at the table. We’re based in Austin, TX, with a remote team distributed across the globe.
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Leader who will be responsible for day to day management, training and performance of the Customer Success Support Agents. You will be responsible for managing, hiring, training and monitoring performance of Support Agents who utilize our tools and processes to meet customer needs. This role will be accountable for process implementation, training, critical issue resolution, compliance to SLAs, coverage scheduling, payroll and general people management. This position will also be expected to contribute to the long-term team strategy, suggestions to tool improvements and optimization of day-to-day functions.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the overall performance of Technical Support resources, quality and delivery of service
- Manage and optimize internal tools used to support customer correspondence
- Investigate, analyze and suggest improvements to internal tools and processes in order to improve the functions of the internal teams and end-user experience
- Monitor, track and report on impacts to production including RCA as well as contribute to long-term solutions
- Ensure that weekly coverage to meet business objectives is provided
- Schedule, monitor and approve weekly time cards and process employee and contractor payroll
- Work closely with various internal groups to understand business requirements, implement new processes and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Understand first-hand how our tools function, the limitations and guidelines in order to effectively train Support team members to execute tasks within the tools
- Build and lead a motivated and driven team to proactively identify areas of opportunity
What You’ll Bring
- Experience managing hourly team members
- Strong communication and training skills
- Process documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently as well as support a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- A customer-centric process thinker seeking productivity and exceptional service
- The ability to take initiative
- A professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent listening and feedback skills
- Good problem solving skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (Alternative experience, 3-5 years in a team lead/management role with training, scheduling, planning and data reporting experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in managing a team of highly motivated individuals to perform repetitive tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Experience working with CRMs (Zendesk, Five9, Ring Central preferred)
- Experience in the restaurant or retail space (technical or operational preferred)
What We Provide
- Competitive benefits package, including 100% healthcare coverage
- 401(k) match
- Unlimited PTO
- An incredible team with tremendous passion for the company’s mission, sharing a “Let’s do this” attitude while maintaining a strong work/life balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at ConverseNow
Something looks off?