Copywriter (Contract, Part-Time) (Job ID: 2268)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
Who We Are
ConverseNow is the leading voice AI platform for restaurants. Our virtual ordering assistants automate drive-thru and phone orders for a growing list of the world’s leading restaurant brands. With cutting-edge technology and a passion for service, we sit at the intersection of tech, B2B SaaS and hospitality. Named to the Forbes AI 50 List, Built In’s Startups to Watch List and recognized by TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Business Insider and Nation’s Restaurant News among others, we’re proud to have created a truly best-in-class technology that’s leading the AI and restaurant worlds forward.
Backed by blue chip investors such as CRAFT Ventures (Tesla, Uber, Airbnb, Postmates, Slack) and Enlightened Hospitality Investments (led by Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer), we’ve raised ~$35M in funding with our sights set on continued exponential growth.
We owe our growth to the remarkable culture we’ve built at ConverseNow. Driven by team-selected core values of Ambition, Passion, Inclusiveness, Guest-Centricity and Low-Ego (our personal favorite), we boast a fun, collaborative work environment where team members are constantly learning from and supporting one another, voices are heard, and everyone has a seat at the table. We’re based in Austin, TX, with a remote team distributed across the globe.
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to join us on a part-time, contract basis for 5 - 10 hours/week. There is no set end date for this role, and you can expect consistent work week after week. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this dynamic writer is responsible for a range of short-form content, mostly in email and social media marketing, as well as a few long-form projects such as blog posts.
What you’ll do
- Draft and revise copy for ongoing email, search and social campaigns
- Lead copywriting and revision for long-form content such as blog posts, presentations and case studies
- Develop custom icons and illustrations for each project, working heavily in Adobe Illustrator
- Collaborate with our Growth Marketing Manager for copy to align with our overall growth strategy
- Oversee company social media accounts and community engagement, with a focus on LinkedIn
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in short-form and long-form copywriting for technology brands
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in copywriting for email, social and blog
- Applications without links to relevant portfolio work will not be considered
- Native English proficiency
- Experience in Hubspot and Asana a plus
- Ability to work on Central Time at least 4 hours/day
- Self-motivated mindset that thrives in a fast-paced remote environment. While you’ll receive plenty of mentorship and guidance, you’ll be expected to take projects and run with them.
- At least 5 years of post-collegiate work experience as a Copywriter
What we provide
- Competitive hourly rate
- A fully remote work environment
- An incredible team with tremendous passion for the company’s mission, sharing a “Let’s do this” attitude while maintaining a strong work/life balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at ConverseNow
Something looks off?